Friday, December 4, 2009

A Perfect Date Night at A Perfect Finish

The husband and I rarely get out for date nights lately, given we have two kids, one who just started kindergarten (oh the homework!), and another who is 8 months old and wreaking havoc on all of our immune systems this winter. But alas! We were able to sneak out last night. I love wine bars. Mainly because I love wine, but I love the whole atmosphere of them as well. And as far as almosphere goes, I've recently fallen in love with A Perfect Finish.

We're downtown San Jose folk - so we love supporting all things downtown. I had noticed this little gem, located on 1st Street @ Polk - across from Bella Mia, a while back and popped in to purchase a bottle of wine for a friend. I fell in love with the bar, which has more of a Palo Alto feel with the more homey folk of downtown San Jose. You can often experience a cool jazz trio or some other musical act, and their staff, very knowledgeable, always have wonderful recommendations.

But the best thing I've discovered recently is their Thursday night wine tastings which run from 7-9PM. For $5 each, the hubby and I were able to taste 5 wines (appx 1 unce pours). Very good price for a wine tasting! Almost unheard of in wine bars these days. Reminds me of a time when I could go to Napa and do wine tastings for free...

But anywho...if you're looking for a great small-budget date night that will make you feel like a thousand bucks, I'd recommend A Perfect Finish. Once you're nice and tipsy, you can walk it off at Christmas in the Park.

0 comments:

Post a Comment