Friday, June 19, 2009

Silicon Valley Recessionista

Another blog?!? Sure, why not. And why? Well, mainly because it's nice to have some place to write. I've always been a diarist but these days it's harder to get pen to paper, and I am on the computer far too often. So...another blog.

Why Silicon Valley Recessionista? Let's just say I've been a good little trooper through this recession. I try not to complain about the fact that I live in one of the most expensive places in our country...and own a home...that I purchased at the high end of the market. I deal with every well-publicized layoff at the company I work by keeping my head down, focused, and assuming that making yourself invaluable is the best shot you've got.

I'm a practical, half-glass-full kind of gal who's becoming increasingly creative at living the good life for less.

What I will write about: food, gardening, shopping, being a mother and wife, what to do for fun in Silicon Valley when you're on a budget, and more...

And so, with that, I give you Silicon Valley Recessionista.

0 comments:

Post a Comment